Question about trust fund transfer

Asked almost 3 years ago - Lakeland, FL

What recourse do I have if I ask for money to be transferred from one institution (#1) to another and the institution (#2) and institution #1 illegally takes money from the trust so not all money is transferred electronically. Is this a case for the DA or what?

Thank you. Correction: Should be --What recourse do I have if I ask for money to be transferred from one institution (#1) to another institution (#2) and institution #1 illegally takes money from the trust so not all money is transferred electronically. Is this a case for the DA or what?

1. Steven M Zelinger

Pro

1

1

Answered . I'm not sure what is meant by "illegally takes" money. Obviously the institution is not entitled to steal money but I would guess that the institution took some sort of fee they will assert they are entitled to. I would speak to bank management (or have the trustee do so if you are not the trustee) for a detailed explanation of the amount that is "missing." If you are not satisfied with the explanation you should hire an attorney (or the trustee should) to look into it and assess if something criminal went on. Good luck.

This is not legal advice nor intended to create an attorney-client relationship.
  2. Matthew Karr

Answered . I agree with Steven. The trustee, if not you, should be able to get a full understanding of what fees were charged. If you are a beneficiary of the trust or a grantor, you may be entitled to an accounting from the trustee that could help clear up the situation. Sounds like you need a bit more information here before moving toward litigation.