Question about the deferred action application - Proof I was here on June 15, 2012

Asked almost 2 years ago - Niles, IL

I've been going to school in Chicago since Kindergarten, I just graduated from a 4 year university in the Winter of 2011. I have no physical proof I was here in the USA on June 15, 2012.

All I've done is volunteer at a clinic since April till now and went to an information session in May 2012 for a masters program. I understand an affidavit won't be acceptable to prove I was here on June 15, what can I do? Will a letter from my volunteer coordinator work? Will getting a letter from the university where I attended the information session work? Please h elp

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Dhenu Mitesh Savla


    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Yes, those letters will help. I highly encourage you to seek the assistance of an immigration lawyer.

    We have an evaluation you can fill out at

    Best of Luck!

    Dhenu Savla, Esq.
    SwagatUSA, LLC

  2. Theodore John Murphy


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Get a letter from your volunteer coordinator, and more than two affidavits.

    The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,631 answers this week

2,960 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,631 answers this week

2,960 attorneys answering