Question about the deferred action application - Proof I was here on June 15, 2012

Niles, IL |

I've been going to school in Chicago since Kindergarten, I just graduated from a 4 year university in the Winter of 2011. I have no physical proof I was here in the USA on June 15, 2012.

All I've done is volunteer at a clinic since April till now and went to an information session in May 2012 for a masters program. I understand an affidavit won't be acceptable to prove I was here on June 15, what can I do? Will a letter from my volunteer coordinator work? Will getting a letter from the university where I attended the information session work? Please h elp

Get a letter from your volunteer coordinator, and more than two affidavits.

The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.

Yes, those letters will help. I highly encourage you to seek the assistance of an immigration lawyer.

We have an evaluation you can fill out at

Best of Luck!

Dhenu Savla, Esq.
SwagatUSA, LLC

Education law topics

Recommended articles about Education law