Question about PWD in EB2 category for a legal/compliance job.

Asked over 1 year ago - Fairfax, VA

For a job in legal/compliance field, would the knowledge about appropriate laws/regulations considered a special skill if stated as a minimum requirement? Would it trigger a higher wage level in PWD in a Zone 4 job under a compliance category?

1. Anu Gupta

Pro

2

Answered . Would need to see the job description and suggest OES code to be able to respond.

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

2

Answered . No, I don't think so. Depends on the actual job requirements. Ask this to the lawyer preparing the PERM case.

3. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . One would need to review the job description to make that determination. Yes, special requirements would result in a higher prevailing wage.

Your employer needs to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise them, and handle the case. Your employer can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

4. Efe Poturoglu

1

Answered . It might. It depends on the job description and rest of the requirements. But I don't think applying with a Zone 4 job is a good idea for EB-2. There might be an appropriate Zone 5 job that makes sense for the company+your background. I strongly recommend that your company consult with an immigration attorney before proceeding. This is the most important part of the PERM process.