Question about Obama's Deferred action?

Asked about 2 years ago - Biscoe, NC

I qualify for the "Deferred Action." I want to know if there is a way to file the application without a Lawyer?

1. Emily Katherine Allen

3

Answered . Is there is a way to prepare and file the application without a lawyer? Yes (check www.uscis.gov on Wednesday when they release the forms online). Should you? Not if you can afford an attorney (even if it's just for a consultation so that you know what you're getting into). This program needs to be understood from the legal perspective before people apply for it.

2. Allen Curtis Ladd

Pro

2

Answered . It depends on your qualifications. I suggest you attend a free or low-cost public-service-type presentation in your aarea, by immigration lawyers. Check with Hispanic community organizations and newspapers, radio, etc. By attending, you may learn more information and be even better informed before deciding whether or not to try to apply on your own.

3. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

2

Answered . Of course there is. But I don't think it's a very good idea. It's your life, future that is at stake here. The smallest "mistake" (and believe me you'll make them) can (and will) slow you down considerably and cause enormous frustration & time lost, is that what you want?