Skip to main content

Question about my VAWA petition.

Saint Paul, MN |

My I360 was approved a month ago and my application to adjust my status is in process as well as my work permit application. Will they interview me for green card and how long will it to get back to me. Im so grateful to God for answering my prayers for my VAWA petition to be approve.
Can I take the approval letter to renew my driver license?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Yes, they normally interview you. Your state may allow you to get a license, it depends on the state.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.


Congratulations!! Yes, USCIS definitely schedules VAWA based I-1485 green card applications for an interview at the district office having jurisdiction over your place of residence.
Yes, you can take your I-360 approval notice, as well as your I-485 filing receipt to get your driver's license renewed. They have to. Ask to speak to a supervisor.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


Not an immigration question.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


Hello. Happy for you! Yes, do take the documents. Should you need an attorney:
Some attorneys are available seven days for emergency legal needs. Many attorneys will confer initially at no charge. Then, if legal work is performed, some attorneys will provide a reduced fee for financial hardship. Some attorneys may also assist you in limited scope manner to conserve legal costs. All the best.

Tricia Dwyer, Esq.
Phone: 612-296-9666

Twin Cities & St. Cloud, Minnesota licensed attorney, Tricia Dwyer, Esq.: Phone 612-296-9666, IMMIGRATION - VISA LAW, CRIMINAL LAW, FAMILY LAW, EMPLOYMENT LAW, Rule 114 Qualified Neutral, Minnesota Supreme Court Roster Mediator, Tricia Dwyer, Esq. & Associates PLLC, Phone: 612.296-9666 - EVERY DAY OF THE YEAR until 8 p.m. daily. See

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer