Question about Georgia First Offender Act

Cairo, GA |
Filed under: Felony crime

My husband pleaded guilty to felony sale of cocaine in 2005. He says he did not plead under first offender, but when his parole ended in 2010 his information disappeared from the Dept. of Corrections website. Is there any other reason they would remove an offender's conviction information? If not, does this mean he doesn't have to put this conviction on job applications?

You should go to the court house where he entered his guilty plea and get a copy of his plea and sentence to determine if it was entered under the first offender act. That way you can determine if it was a first offender plea.

Mr. Pines advice is sound and I only add that you should also call his original lawyer and see if he can remember or locate evidence regarding the actual sentence entered in the case. It is possible the plea was entered under the conditional discharge provision in the VGCSA law.