Skip to main content

Question about courts

Bowie, MD |

We are planning to get joint custody of my husband son and when we go to court we don't want the boys mother to say oh well he not a good father becasue he didn't give my son gifts for christmas or his birthday, we don't celebrate hoildays can the judge order us to buy gifts for the little boy???

Attorney Answers 1


The Judge does not have the authority under Maryland law to order the purchase of birthday or holiday gifts for a child.

Mark as helpful

Child custody topics

Recommended articles about Child custody

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics