Question about Court Dismissal (virginia)

Arlington, VA |

A friend of mine was falsely accused for stalking in Northern Virginia. He was not arrested, but he was brought on charges and asked to show at court. After the first day, his attorney stated that after a month of no contact, the case will be dismissed. There was no oping for any sort of program, the only thing he knew is the lawyer arranged for the case to be dismissed, and he signed a form. Anoher issues is the lawyer had only communicated with him once in an almost one year period. Around 8 or so months.

The court day of dismissal is 5 days from now. So he is not sure what he signed and what will happen. He also does not know if he will be compensated for the false charge.

This question has already been posted and answered by a number of attorneys. Speak to your attorney. If you cannot reach them, hire another.

The answer provided is for general information purposes and cannot be relied upon. In order to provide legal advice, one must engage with a live attorney; this answer does not create such attorney-client relationship.

I think this is a re-post, see previous answers.

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia

This question was answered here:
http://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/dismissed-cases--what-to-do-next--1313164.html

Be sure to mark the "Best Answer" or Helpful" to your questions. Attorneys on AVVO donate their time and your feedback is appreciated.

James Garrett
Garrett Law Group, PLC
http://www.garrettlawgroup.com
jd@garrettlawgroup.com
(757) 422-4646 - 24 hour Service

Responding to questions on AVVO does not establish an attorney-client relationship between the questioner and any attorney associated with Garrett Law Group, PLC. Responses should be considered and used for informational purposes only. Every case is unique in its facts, and all legal matters should be discussed with a licensed attorney prior to making any decisions or taking any actions.