Question about CA Points for Speeding Tickets and at-fault Accidents. How many points will be against my record and my options?

San Jose, CA |

I have been driving for about 13 or 14 years in California. So far, I have: 1) Speeding Ticket in Norther CA in 2008 - paid fine) 2) Speeding Ticket in December 2011 - paid fine 3) At-fault Accident in April 2013 4) Pulled over in May 2013 for Speeding (30 miles over posted speed limit).

I am not sure what my options are for fighting the traffic ticket I got in May 2013. Assuming I can't fight it, I want to know what my options are and how many points will go against record. Here are my questions:
1) For the at-fault accident in April 2013, how many points will go against my record?
2) For the last speeding ticket in May 2013, how many points will go against my record?
3) How does the combination of the accident and speeding ticket affect me?
4) What are my options?

Please help!

Accidents typically count as 2 points; your 2011 ticket is one point - unless you went to traffic school. Get an attorney to fight current ticket and get traffic school if court agrees. There is always chance case will be dismissed if officer does not show for trial.

I agree with the prior attorney's answers. You should contact a lawyer and fight the current ticket.

Feel free to contact us for a consultation. Iannelli & Associates, 949 729-3171 This answer does not constitute legal advice and no attorney client relationship is created. Every case has many facts which are different and distinctly theirs, make sure that you understand this is general information and it would be advisable to constact a competent lawyer for personal legal advice.

Recommended articles about Personal injury