Question about adding exhibit pages to amended complaint

San Luis Obispo, CA |

In my complaint, I stated that the rental agreement was attached herin in Exhibit A, then I forgot to attach it.
Def.s filed a motion which resulted in me being ordered to file an amended complaint, that had the complaint with the rental agreement attached in an Exhibit A.
When I filed the Amended Complaint, I filed the complaint with the rental agreement attached, plus about 120 more pages attached, in support of the amended complaint.
So my Amended Complaint has a carrot adding that the rental agreement "and supporting documentation" are attached herin in Exhibit A. And Exhibit A has pages numered A1 to A157.
Was this ok?

The answer regarding whether this was okay depends upon the nature of the other "supporting documentation.

If the additional supporting documents make the allegations of the complaint vague and uncertain, the defendant will most likely file a special demurrer.

If the supporting documents conflict with the rental agreement, you might have a serious problem in alleging a viable cause of action.

Frank W. Chen has been licensed to practice law in California since 1988. The information presented here is general in nature and is not intended, nor should be construed, as legal advice for a particular case. This posting does not create any attorney-client relationship with the author. For specific advice about your particular situation, consult with your own attorney.

you can file an amended complaint with the exhibit.

Civil motions topics

Recommended articles about Civil motions