Skip to main content


Bronx, NY |

so even if the person doesnt fire their lawyer before their sentencing date can he still appeal his case

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Your question is not clear. Appeals can be made once a case is completed. Sometimes the grounds for an appeal are limited if defendant has waived his or her right as part of a plea agreement. An attorney would need more facts to answer the question completely.

I have been a criminal attorney in New York for almost 25 years. website: Phone #: 718-208-6094 email: This answer is only for informational purposes and is not meant as legal advice.


You need to list some more facts for a clearer answer.


Best to sit down with a criminal defense lawyer to discuss in depth the situation. Your fact pattern is incomplete.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or


If you terminate your attorney, you represent yourself or get another one appointed or hired. Since you are post-plea but not sentenced, you are not yet convicted. You can appeal after you are sentenced. Unless the court did something seriously wrong related to your firing your attorney and then proceeding to sentence, that factor should have no effect on the merits of a potential defense. You always have the right to appeal if timely noticed after conviction (i.e. within 30 days), even if your appeal has no merit.

If you found this "helpful" or "best answer," please click it with my appreciation. My response is for educational purposes and does not constitute legal advice nor creates an attorney client relationship which requires all the details and a personal conference.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer