Question: I sustained injury through a hospital procedure. In making claim to the hospital, I do not wish for a specific emplo

Asked over 2 years ago - Norwalk, CA

employee in authority, who likely would be called in to investigate, to be involved whatsoever. This is someone who I knew outside the hospital. And, although outside of the hospital, has committed egregious acts. Including having fabricated to me a medical condition. Which she also asserted she contracted from another employee (who I knew and with whom she had engaged outside the hospital). Also giving me cause to believe I was at risk. Because of her position of authority, I believed her assertions about the disease. She later admitted it was all fabricated. My question is whether, as justification in a request for non-involvement of this authority in the injury issue, am I able to disclose this act to the hospital; an act that occurred outside the hospital, more ‘personally’?

1. Michael Charles Doland

6

Answered . You would be making a big error to try to handle this yourself without an attorney. Many very good medical malpractice attorneys are available on Avvo in the Los Angeles County/Orange County area, or you can contact the County Bar associations of either county for a list of experience attorneys. By the way yo set forth your facts, you really need a lawyer to evaluate your claim and your damages and then handle your claim.

Pro

6

Answered . If you are saying that the malpractice was due to a misdiagnosis from a medical professional not in the hospital, your claim would be against that professional.

3. Charles Jervis Mellor

5

Answered . Your facts seem to indicate that you may have a Medical Malpractice claim. These are complicated cases that rely heavily upon expert testimony. Lawyers who practice in this area develop an expertise that is valuable in pursuing such claims. I would strongly encourage you to contact an attorney (use Avvo!) in your area with a background in Medical Malpractice and discuss the facts with him or her.