Skip to main content

Question: I sustained injury through a hospital procedure. In making claim to the hospital, I do not wish for a specific emplo

Norwalk, CA |

employee in authority, who likely would be called in to investigate, to be involved whatsoever. This is someone who I knew outside the hospital. And, although outside of the hospital, has committed egregious acts. Including having fabricated to me a medical condition. Which she also asserted she contracted from another employee (who I knew and with whom she had engaged outside the hospital). Also giving me cause to believe I was at risk. Because of her position of authority, I believed her assertions about the disease. She later admitted it was all fabricated. My question is whether, as justification in a request for non-involvement of this authority in the injury issue, am I able to disclose this act to the hospital; an act that occurred outside the hospital, more ‘personally’?

Attorney Answers 3

  1. You would be making a big error to try to handle this yourself without an attorney. Many very good medical malpractice attorneys are available on Avvo in the Los Angeles County/Orange County area, or you can contact the County Bar associations of either county for a list of experience attorneys. By the way yo set forth your facts, you really need a lawyer to evaluate your claim and your damages and then handle your claim.

    The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advise" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.

  2. If you are saying that the malpractice was due to a misdiagnosis from a medical professional not in the hospital, your claim would be against that professional.

    Licensed in Pennsylvania & New Jersey & Serving the Nation. Only 29% Fee Deducted. 1-877-258-3083.

  3. Your facts seem to indicate that you may have a Medical Malpractice claim. These are complicated cases that rely heavily upon expert testimony. Lawyers who practice in this area develop an expertise that is valuable in pursuing such claims. I would strongly encourage you to contact an attorney (use Avvo!) in your area with a background in Medical Malpractice and discuss the facts with him or her.

    The information presented here is general in nature and is not intended, to be construed as legal advice. This posting does not create any attorney-client relationship with the author. For specific advice about your particular situation, consult your own attorney.

Personal injury topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics