Skip to main content

Query regarding GC

Columbus, IN |
Filed under: Immigration US visas

I am on H1b and my visa stamping & i94 are valid till Dec-2014. Current my GC is filed by my company under EB1. But due to some personal reason I might have to visit India for a week. In case I travel outside US before receiving the GC will that cancel my GC application?
Also, as my spouse's GC is also getting filed under family GC and she needs to also visit to India with me will the GC application for my spouse be invalidated?
Lastly, if my spouse needs to stay back in India for longer period (e.g. 1 year) will that invalidate my spouse's GC?

Attorney Answers 3


Hire an immigration attorney. You are asking for tailored legal advice. Read the Terms of Use in the footer below. Phara. 6 in particular - tailored legal advice is was not contemplated as permissible on this site.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

Mark as helpful

5 lawyers agree


You need to speak with a reputable immigration attorney. There are too many issues in your question that require more examination.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


I would also suggest you eek private consult because you would want to know more than you asked for here. Or you might direct your questions to your attorney who filed the paperwork for you. Best Wishes!

My answers are for general information only, NOT A legal advice because these are not tailored to your specific situation. Contact an Immigration Attorney if you need legal advice.

Mark as helpful

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics