Query about travelling abroad after H1 is approved.

Hi My wife was on L2 (I was on L1 visa). Her company applied for H1B visa last year and it got approved in Apr 2012. We travelled to India in Aug 2012 and returned in Sep 2012 on L2 Visa itself. Her attorney told that she would automatically move to H1 visa from 1st October and we filed new I-9 form with her employer. Please note that I have moved to H1B status in November 2012. So, my questions are 1. Would she have moved to H1B status automatically or do we need to do anything now. 2. When we went to extend her Driving License, we were told she is active on L2 visa. Can you please advise on how to check her current status.

North Wales, PA -

Gen Kimura

Gen Kimura

Immigration Attorney - Houston, TX

She needs to discuss the matter with her employer's attorney.

J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Immigration Attorney - Houston, TX

I agree with Attorney Kimura.

Calvin T. Sun

Calvin T. Sun

Immigration Attorney - Paoli, PA

Company attorney is best source of information.