Query about travelling abroad after H1 is approved.

North Wales, PA |

Hi My wife was on L2 (I was on L1 visa). Her company applied for H1B visa last year and it got approved in Apr 2012. We travelled to India in Aug 2012 and returned in Sep 2012 on L2 Visa itself. Her attorney told that she would automatically move to H1 visa from 1st October and we filed new I-9 form with her employer. Please note that I have moved to H1B status in November 2012. So, my questions are 1. Would she have moved to H1B status automatically or do we need to do anything now. 2. When we went to extend her Driving License, we were told she is active on L2 visa. Can you please advise on how to check her current status.

1. She needs to discuss the matter with her employer's attorney.

This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice. Consult with a qualified attorney before making any legal decisions. Gen Kimura, (832) 247-6932.

2. I agree with Attorney Kimura.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 www.MyImmigrationLawyer.info NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.

3. Company attorney is best source of information.