Query about travelling abroad after H1 is approved.

Asked about 1 year ago - North Wales, PA

Hi My wife was on L2 (I was on L1 visa). Her company applied for H1B visa last year and it got approved in Apr 2012. We travelled to India in Aug 2012 and returned in Sep 2012 on L2 Visa itself. Her attorney told that she would automatically move to H1 visa from 1st October and we filed new I-9 form with her employer. Please note that I have moved to H1B status in November 2012. So, my questions are 1. Would she have moved to H1B status automatically or do we need to do anything now. 2. When we went to extend her Driving License, we were told she is active on L2 visa. Can you please advise on how to check her current status.

1. Gen Kimura

5

Answered . She needs to discuss the matter with her employer's attorney.

2. J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Pro

4

Answered . I agree with Attorney Kimura.

3. Calvin T. Sun

2

Answered . Company attorney is best source of information.