Queries regarding H4 to F1

Phoenix, AZ |

My husband will be travelling to US on H4 in May.He want to do MS after coming here. 1)How much time it will take to convert H4 to F1? 2)Can he start going to college in H4 status as soon as he come here.Once H4 to F1 COS is completed can he continue studying with F1 Visa in same course,so that there is no need for him to waste the time by sitting idle in COS time. 3)Is he eligible for OPT if he study with H4 visa?

1. She can study with h4 visa, no problem. Processing times are on uscis website. There is never a need to waste any time, life is too short.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

2. I agree with Attorney Segal.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 www.MyImmigrationLawyer.info NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.

3. 1. Estimated processing times are always as posted on the USCIS website.
    2. There is no prohibition against H-4s studying.
    3. No

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

4. He should not enter on H-4 if he will apply to change status to F-1 within a couple of months.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.