Qualification for removal of disabilitys

Asked about 1 year ago - Lufkin, TX

Im 17 currently parents are split up, mother is drug user, alcoholic, and smokes, I'm 5 months pregnant by my 19yr old boyfriend, he owns his own double wide 4 bedroom with a baby room already set up. I dont feel safe living with my mother she slaps me and yelles and cusses constantly. My father wont stand up for me and letd her take me. I have had a job for 3 months my boyfriend has a stable job with the same company, I pay my own gas and cell phone bills as well as my boyfriend does all his bills. We have stable vehicles both owned by my boyfriend. He had insurance which can cover me.and my.baby if we were married which he wants to do only guys what my mother won't let us on that either. We have money to hire a lawyer if we know it's a case we strongly qualify for.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. A J. Williams


    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . I'm glad you asked. Your boyfriend should allow you to handle this. You can file a petition for removing the disability of minority. The biggest hurdle is being self-sufficient. I believe you already meet the other two criteria. Here is a link to the relevant statute:


Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,387 answers this week

2,760 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,387 answers this week

2,760 attorneys answering