Q;do I qualify for the deffered action?

Dallas, TX |
Filed under: Immigration

My case is a tad bit complicated...I meet all requirments except one..which would be (have domcumentation proving you were here from june 15, 2007) I entered the u.s aug of 2007 (I was 14) I have no proof of this as therefore I started highscool january 2008...am I still eligible??

You probably need to get affidavits to prove that you have been in the U.S. since 6/15/2007.

This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice. Consult with a qualified attorney before making any legal decisions. Gen Kimura, (832) 247-6932.

Ok and what will affidavit be considered by?...see the thing is when I entered I didn't attend highschool due to complications of transcripts and because of personal issues...but I do have witnesses that I've been here since that certain time such our church pastor and school consuelor

Gen Kimura

Gen Kimura

Great. Ask them to write the affidavit. Affidavit has specific format. If you Google it, you can probably find an template.

ok thank you so much.... I am also wondering...I do have a 2 year old little girl (she is a citizen) and my father is a resident/citizen as well, can that count in my favor if I provide a cover letter when I apply?

Gen Kimura

Gen Kimura

USCIS will give you an employment authorization document (EAD) based on your needs. So, your USC daughter is a part of your reasons why you need the EAD.

Ok thank you=]

You will need to search (and find) any document(s) that would bear witness to your having lived in the U.S. during that period, and if that fails (I refuse to believe it), then resort to sworn declarations by yourself, friends and family (note this is only 'Secondary" evidence and will not be as good. So, keep on searching, talk to your family, etc. - you'll find primary evidence!

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

See, that's why I want to confirm if in fact I can apply or not...I've already talked to my mother and their is nothing (such as primary documents) proving that I've been here from that time (for the exception of secondary evidence)...when I arrived I tried enrolling but I was denied due to the fact of not meeting the requirments such as transcripts from middle school we had to get those sent to us from mexico and it was a huge catastrophe..I went back to enroll in november of 2007 but they didn't accept me because of vaccinations that I needed to fullfil (my family were in fact going through financial problems, we didn't even have a place of our own) when I went back for enrollment in december they told me to enroll in january because the semester was already over...so I just need to know if I am eligible to apply

Did you go to the doctor before you started school? You may be able to get medical records. I suggest that you consult with an attorney before doing anything. Also, I note that you state that you entered the US in August of 2007, you need to prove that you were here since June 15, 2007.

So in other words I don't qualify.... my case is far more complicated than it seems (their are more details to it)...I just really needed more than one opinion, to analyze (and before taking action) on my situation

Eli Mayer Kantor

Eli Mayer Kantor

Yes. it appears that you don't qualify.

Thank you for being honest, I don't want to be given false hopes...I guess that dream will have to stay unreachable

Do you have church records to prove your presence in the United States?

Verdin Law Firm, LLC
Dallas, TX

Elucidate church records?.....when I attended this church I didn't have to apply nor anything near that...so what would be considered church records?..... I also observed you have a law firm in dallas, how much would it be for a first time appointment?, I just have a lot of questions

Isaul Verdin

Isaul Verdin

Free initial consultation for Deferred Action cases. Call our office at 214-741-1700 to schedule a consultation appointment.