Putting a value to my back for settlement.

Asked 9 months ago - Jamaica, NY

I have been on comp for a year now. 9 or ten herniations with stenosis on multiple levels(3) and nerve impingement ,narrowing of foremen etc. With that ,over the year,I did find a P.T job for 3 months, but got laid off ,no more light duty. After reading this, any idea what a sec 32 settlement might be worth? I know nothing is in stone,but I am curios if six figures that I have been told,is unrealistic,to little,to much ? It's a life decision and all the help and advice I can get is appreciated. Thank you

Attorney answers (4)

  1. 5

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Very hard to answer this with the information you provided. If this is such a majuro decision you should contact a personal injury attorney who specializes in workers comp law. I wish you luck in finding an answer.

  2. 2

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . As you indicate this is a life decision so you would be foolish not to consult with a local workers' compensation attorney to make sure you get fair compensation when the right time comes to resolve your case.

    In seeking an attorney on this site, beware of limiting your search to attorneys with a 10 rating, and carefully... more
  3. 2

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Definitely speak to an attorney with a workers compensation practice. The value of a back injury is based on earnings, average wages, degree of disability and other factors -- it is different than a lawsuit where you use everything stated to come up with a 'value'. Good luck!

    EVERY case is different. The answers provided here are general and not related to the specifc facts of your case.... more
  4. 2

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . None of us on this site can tell you whether the expected 6 figure settlement is too high, too low, or just right. We don't have enough information. We don't know whether you can ever work again, whether you can work but not in the same field, what permanent disability you have sustained as a result of the work injury, etc.

    Also, 6 figures can be $100,000 or $200,000 or $300,000. 6 figures alone doesn't tell us much about the number. Even if you gave a specific number, we still couldn't tell you whether it is sufficient b/c we do not have enough information.

    If you have an attorney, you should ask your attorney. If you are unrepresented, you should consult with an experienced work comp attorney.

    The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. The information provided... more

Related Topics

Pain and suffering for personal injury

Pain and suffering refers to physical and mental trauma caused by an injury, and is often a significant component of non-economic damages.

Employment and workers' compensation insurance

Workers’ compensation insurance provides medical benefits and compensation for lost wages to employees injured on the job.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

32,172 answers this week

3,640 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

32,172 answers this week

3,640 attorneys answering