Putting a value to my back for settlement.

Asked 7 months ago - Jamaica, NY

I have been on comp for a year now. 9 or ten herniations with stenosis on multiple levels(3) and nerve impingement ,narrowing of foremen etc. With that ,over the year,I did find a P.T job for 3 months, but got laid off ,no more light duty. After reading this, any idea what a sec 32 settlement might be worth? I know nothing is in stone,but I am curios if six figures that I have been told,is unrealistic,to little,to much ? It's a life decision and all the help and advice I can get is appreciated. Thank you

1. Anthony A. Ciaccio

5

Answered . Very hard to answer this with the information you provided. If this is such a majuro decision you should contact a personal injury attorney who specializes in workers comp law. I wish you luck in finding an answer.

2. David Ian Schoen

Pro

2

Answered . As you indicate this is a life decision so you would be foolish not to consult with a local workers' compensation attorney to make sure you get fair compensation when the right time comes to resolve your case.

3. Brian Marc Mittman

Pro

2

Answered . Definitely speak to an attorney with a workers compensation practice. The value of a back injury is based on earnings, average wages, degree of disability and other factors -- it is different than a lawsuit where you use everything stated to come up with a 'value'. Good luck!

4. Heather A Lottmann

2

Answered . None of us on this site can tell you whether the expected 6 figure settlement is too high, too low, or just right. We don't have enough information. We don't know whether you can ever work again, whether you can work but not in the same field, what permanent disability you have sustained as a result of the work injury, etc.

Also, 6 figures can be $100,000 or $200,000 or $300,000. 6 figures alone doesn't tell us much about the number. Even if you gave a specific number, we still couldn't tell you whether it is sufficient b/c we do not have enough information.

If you have an attorney, you should ask your attorney. If you are unrepresented, you should consult with an experienced work comp attorney.