Purchased car over 30 days ago and dealer wants me to use new lender. Title has been received. Is this legal?

Asked about 1 year ago - Ofallon, MO

I purchased a vehicle in Missouri on 8/29/13. Today is 10/07/13. I received title last week. They are now saying that the lender refuses to fund the loan and that I need to go with a new lender at a higher interest rate. I received the title 2 weeks ago and have already paid sales tax and transferred title to my name. Nowhere in my contract does it state that it is "Subject to Approval" Can they legally do this since they already signed the title over to me?

1. Leonard Komen

Pro

1

Answered . You can not quote your interpretation of the contract to an attorney and expect legal advice. Please have an attorney review the sales contract and financing contract.

2. M. Todd Miller

Answered . To answer the question fully, I would review your documents. I encourage you to take all your paperwork to a local attorney for a free consultation. If one is not available, drive over and I'll take a look at it. I suspect the title indicates a lienholder unless you paid the purchase price in cash so you'll likely be caused to work something out or be unable to obtain free and marketable title going forward.