Punishments under WA state criminal laws for forged signature on check

Asked about 6 years ago - Seattle, WA

My friend fordged a check for 1,000 dollars what kind of charges is he looking at?

1. Timothy John Leary

Pro

1

3

Answered . In Washington, a person's sentencing range depends on the seriousness of the crime and his/criminal history.

For someone with no other felony convictions, the standard range for Forgery or Theft in the Second Degree (Over $250 and under $1500) is 0 - 60 days in jail. At the other end of the spectrum, someone with nine felony convictions is looking at 22-29 months in prison.

Your friend should seek the advice of an experienced criminal defense attorney who can explain his options in greater detail.

Tim Leary
    Sherman & Leary PLLC
    http://www.shermanleary.com

2. Anthony John Colleluori

1

2

Answered . Forgery, Petit larceny, bank fraud, Grand Larceny, criminal impersonation. That is off the top of my head. If I were you I would advise him to speak to a lawyer and have him work out repayment in exchange for not prosecuting.