Punishment for not completing community service second time?

Asked over 2 years ago - New Kent, VA

In 2010 I was pulled over for reckless driving, and was ordered to do 150 hours of community service with 10 days jail time suspended.

I failed to do them and was then told to do 300 hours within four months, and will not have it done it time.

What kind of punishment am I looking at, just the 10 days suspended, or will more time/charges be added?

1. Timothy Kevin Wilson

Pro

Answered . If the jail sentence was suspended on the condition that you perform the community service work, then the failure to complete it could result in the previously suspended jail sentence being imposed.

However, in addition, you can be re-ordered to complete it and incarcerated again for failing to obey a court order if you fail to do so. And since each time it will be a new court order, the failure to complete it is a new act of contempt, so the potential exists for this to happen over and over.

If the outcome of your case is important to you, then I think it is imperative that you hire the best, most experienced, successful and respected Virginia Criminal Defense lawyer you can to assist you with this matter. Remember, the lawyer you choose can be the difference in the outcome of your case.

If you find this answer helpful, please click the Thumbs Up icon below.

For important answers to other Frequently Asked Questions about DUI, Criminal and Traffic Offenses in Virginia, visit my website at: http://www.tkevinwilsonlawyer.com/faq.cfm.

T. Kevin Wilson, Esq.
    The Wilson Law Firm
    DUI, Criminal & Traffic Defense...When Results Matter
    9300 Grant Avenue, Suite 301
    Manassas, Virginia 20110

Telephone 888-DUI-LWYR
    Telephone 703-361-6100
    Facsimile 703-365-7988

www.TheWilsonLawFirm.org

*** DISCLAIMER ***
    The information contained in this message is for general informational purposes only. It is not intended to be legal advice, nor is it a substitute for professional legal services. The Wilson Law Firm disclaims the formation of an attorney-client relationship by use of AVVO, and no such relationship exists unless and until a written Fee Agreement has been endorsed by The Wilson Law Firm and the client. Furthermore, given the public nature of this forum, there can be no expectation of privacy, confidentiality, privilege, or any other protection from disclosure.