Pulled over high rate of speed

Gettysburg, PA |

what are the possibilities of beating if an officer says he say you coming at him at a high rate of speed and you got a exceeding maximum speed charge? but there was no radar involved.

1. The officer's opinion alone is enough to convict you. Your best bet is to retain an attorney who can explore defenses and attempt to compromise the citation. Good luck

2. Radar is not the only way for an officer to prove that you were exceeding the posted speed limit. In addition to the obvious fines and costs, a conviction can result in points against your license. Speak to an experienced criminal defense attorney who can evaluate all of the relevant factors involved and determine if you have a viable defense to the charges. Good luck!

3. I agree.The Courts will allow anyone to testify as to an estimate of speed.An attorney in your area might know the reputation of the officer in question for the accuracy of his estimates and would be able to advise you as to whether to try try the case or work out a compromise plea.

This answer does not create an attorney/client relationship and is for informational purposes only.For further information please schedule a consultation with an attorney of your choice in your area or at my offices at the location on my Avvo profile

4. Radar is not the only way to clock speed. There are other speed timing devices. Other than that the information provided by Mr. Keller and others is correct.

This information does not create an attorney /client relationship and should not be use or relied upon to make any decision in your case. Only consultation with your own attorney can provide you with the advice you need for your case.