Pulled over for Improper front window tint (measured 15%) (46.2-1052) on I-81 by State Trooper. Should I go to court or pay?

Shenandoah, VA |

First time getting pulled over, clean DMV record (+5 points). Trooper measured driver side window tint with device, result was 15% (Legal is 50% as I've come to know).
Charge: OP W/TINT/SIGNS/DECALS WINDOWS. Listed as Infraction, not misdemeanor. No prior warnings regarding my window tint. Should I remove the illegal tint and show up to court or pay the ticket? It's going to cost me on my car insurance if I plead guilty, but is it worth showing up for court?

The officer did verbally mention that I can fix it and show up to court date. I'm just not sure if it will be dismissed based on that alone.

1. You should consider hiring a qualified criminal defense attorney to advise you and represent you in this case.

I know that some of my clients with similar issues have had their cases dismissed based on the work of qualified attorneys.

State, local, and municipal law topics