Pulled me over and tells me bs reason (blinker was blinking too fast, which sometimes indicates a faulty blinker)

Gloucester, MA |

though thats not true, then puts totally different reason on ticket (failed to signal at turn) he then said he doesnt have to tell me real reason why he pulled me over, even though he was the one who asked me "do you know why i pulled you over?" and then tells me a lie? can you do that?

Yes, police can lie. If you have been falsely accused, fight the ticket. Either hire an attorney or represent yourself in traffic court. Bring documents from a mechanic that your blinker was working properly at the time of the citation. Your word vs. his that you failed to signal is a tough call for a judge. Be prepared, be polite, be humble and respectful.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

Unless an attorney from your state sees it differently, Mr. Mascagni has covered it well. Follow his suggestion closely, especially the part concerning courtroom attitude. Good luck. Although you can proceed on your own, having an attorney with experience handling traffic matters in your area would be helpful.

Call the chief.

henry lebensbaum esq 300 Brickstone Sq Ste 201 andover, ma -- (978) 749-3606.
Criminal Law (all courts), Drunk Driving, Drugs, Violence, Sex Offenses, theft, SORB, Divorce Child Custody Alimony Child Support & Modification, Contempts & Paternity Juveniles Domestic Violence & Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury, Guardianship, Conservatorship & Estate Administration & Legal Malpractice. For these & other areas, contact me. Email sent may be copied intercepted or held by computers.

Criminal Law (all misdemeanor & felonies in District and Superior Courts), Drunk Driving and Drug arrests, Sex Offenses, SORB, Crimes involving Violence or Theft, Domestic (Divorce, Child Custody, Alimony and Child Support) and Family Law (Modification, Contempts & Paternity), Juvenile Law, Domestic Violence and Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury claims, Probate Law (Guardianships, Conservatorships & Estate Administration) and Legal Malpractice. For these and other areas, contact me. NOTE: This preceding message DOES NOT create an attorney-client relationship. It is not a protected or confidential communication. The statements made herein are not to be interpreted as representations or warranties of any kind. No reliance should be placed on the statements made herein. It is recommended that the recipient(s) should undertake their own research to reach their own opinion. The writer does not accept professional responsibility on this matter. TO CREATE an attorney-client relationship REQUIRES a signed retainer/fee agreement along with a retainer fee that must be received by my office.

Police misconduct topics

Recommended articles about Police misconduct