Skip to main content


Miami, FL |

Good afternoon, my question is if i married an immigrant would I lose my section 8? how would that hurt or effect me in any way? And I also heard that I will lose my SSA? Or I wouldn't lose it?

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Best answer

    Regarding your social security question, If you are receiving SSI benefits you need to report any marriage or change in living arrangements to your local office. Marriage or changes in living arrangements can affect SSI.

  2. Previously asked and answered. Again: yours is not an immigration law question. We immigration attorneys know nothing about "public benefits." Please re-post in the public benefits or social security law section(s).

    Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

  3. Yours are not immigration law questions. They questions would be relevant regardless of the immigration status of the spouse.

    The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.