Public administrator in Michigan.

Asked over 1 year ago - Rochester, MI

what is a public adminstrator
and if you are a lawyer who works for one, are your duties as a lawyer more difficult
or more strickt than another lawyer. If you are found in default of your duites thru
the Court, what usually happens to your job?

1. James P. Frederick

1

1

Answered . A public administrator is an attorney that gets appointed by the courts, (typically in probate matters), to act when there is a contested matter and there is no one to serve as fiduciary or where there is disagreement as to who should serve. Other lawyers do not "work for one," so I am not sure what you mean by this. If a judge determines that any fiduciary has breached his or her duties, the judge has a great deal of discretion as to what to do. This can include sanctions or removal.

James Frederick

2. Peter L. Conway

1

Answered . Since each case is unique, you may want to get a copy of the probate file and talk to a lawyer about what is going on in your case.