Public (HUD) Housing, No Smoking Policy, & Electric Cigarettes

Bellingham, WA |

The Bellingham Housing Authority has just issued a memo which reads in part, "Electric Cigarettes: No smoking is allowed inside your unit at any time regardless of the method." This is a change from their policy allowing electric cigs after the implementation of their no-smoking policy (done in bad faith, but that's another question another time). Ecigs are shown to be safe and clean, can they get away with this?

1. Normally changes to the rules or rental agreement need thirty days notice and are not permitted in a lease. However this seems to be a clarification of the existing rules and you will need specific advice for your situation. I recommend talking with the folks at the Northwest Justice Project they have an office in Bellingham

Only If and until you and I sign an Agreement for Legal Services, I am not your attorney. These answers are provided for informational and/or novelty purposes