PTI program

Clearwater, FL |

I applied for the PTI program back in the beginning of April and told that I would be getting a call to see if I was accepted or not. When I sign the PTI contract who do I go to, the PTI counselor or my former lawyer?

1. PTI programs are set up & organized by the State Attorney's office in each County/Circuit and are generally supervised by Probation. I'll defer to my colleagues who reside & practice in Pinellas to give you the specifics, but I expect that you'll receive a notice directing you to come to the probation office or perhaps the State to sign off on your agreement. Thereafter, you'll meet with a supervising PO to monitor your progress & compliance with the program.

Posting an answer to your question does not create an attorney / client relationship such that you can or should rely on the information provided herein to take action. Instead, it is intended to simply provide you with information. I am not your lawyer and cannot provide you with legal advice unless and until I am hired to do so.

2. If you have not heard anything since April, you should give the your lawyer and program a call to see what is going on. They may simply be backlogged, but it usually doesn't take this long.

For more information or to set up a free initial consultation contact the Mangrum Law Firm at 407-349-7474 or MangrumLaw@gmail.com. This answer does not, nor is it intended to, create an attorney-client relationship. It is offered for informational purposes only. Please consult with a licensed attorney before making any legal decisions.

3. It sometimes takes a while for the state to call you. Have your lawyer check with the prosecutor to make sure they haven't chanted their mind like Orange County does where I practice. Good luck

Please understand that the following is not to be construed as legal advice. More information would be needed in order to make legal determinations on your legal matter. Furthermore, an attorney-client relationship does not begin until a retainer agreement has been signed.

4. Always talk to your lawyer before you do anything. Never do anything unless you're lawyer tells you to.

5. You should have already heard something by now if you applied in April. Call your lawyer to discuss your specific situation.

Visit MastroLaw.com to ask your legal question or call for a more detailed free consultation for your legal issue. Call us at 727-202-5122 / 352-587-5011 / 813-252-2262 Any information provided is for general purposes only. An attorney client relationship is not formed.