PTI program

Asked about 1 year ago - Clearwater, FL

I applied for the PTI program back in the beginning of April and told that I would be getting a call to see if I was accepted or not. When I sign the PTI contract who do I go to, the PTI counselor or my former lawyer?

1. George C. Mangrum

7

Answered . If you have not heard anything since April, you should give the your lawyer and program a call to see what is going on. They may simply be backlogged, but it usually doesn't take this long.

2. Amir A. Ladan

Pro

6

Answered . PTI programs are set up & organized by the State Attorney's office in each County/Circuit and are generally supervised by Probation. I'll defer to my colleagues who reside & practice in Pinellas to give you the specifics, but I expect that you'll receive a notice directing you to come to the probation office or perhaps the State to sign off on your agreement. Thereafter, you'll meet with a supervising PO to monitor your progress & compliance with the program.

3. Justin Gary Hausler

4

Answered . It sometimes takes a while for the state to call you. Have your lawyer check with the prosecutor to make sure they haven't chanted their mind like Orange County does where I practice. Good luck

4. Joseph Julius Registrato

Pro

3

Answered . Always talk to your lawyer before you do anything. Never do anything unless you're lawyer tells you to.

5. Michael Leonard Mastrogiovanni

Pro

3

Answered . You should have already heard something by now if you applied in April. Call your lawyer to discuss your specific situation.