Psychological evaluations and Mediation

Asked over 1 year ago - Miami, FL

Results from a psychological evaluation in divorce and custody battle, the psychologist reported that both are perfectly capable of parenting besides the fact that my wife was Baker Acted in Florida due to an over dosage of sleeping pills about a year ago and that I stated clearly in writing that my wife tried once to jump off the car while it was in motion with everyone inside. I feel that no one really care about my child's safety. On the other hand, she wants the house on her name only, a house that I purchased myself two months before I married her. Would this work out during mediation? Thinking on the best interest of our child, rather than putting the house on sale, rent the family home until our child turns 18, (any profits out of the rent be placed towards our child education,

1. Leonore M. Greller

1

Answered . I think you asked a similar question before you had received the results of the evaluation and I annswered, describing the process of mediation. I agree with the other attorney that you should speak with a lawyer regarding the house and your child's welfare. I think I also asked you about requesting a Guardian Ad Litem. I don't know who was in the car when she tried to "jump off the car" but that is something you should also be discussing with your lawyer.

2. Matthew Thomas Majeski

Pro

1

Answered . I'm not trying to be glib, but you've got a house on the line and child welfare and custody on the line. Time to find a way to get a Florida divorce attorney to sort these issues out and advocate for your rights. He or she can also help you with your mediation questions.

3. Pieter G. Weinrieb

Pro

Answered . As a mediator, it sounds as if the issues here may not be ripe mediation. If you've already had mental health evaluations during a divorce proceeding there may be too many issues to resolve amicably.