Proving Juvenile records that are sealed?

Asked 11 months ago - Jenison, MI

I need documentation of these occurrences/charges. Not mine, someone else's. For court. I know for a fact that this person has these charges. But I need to prove them to the court. I know that the court can access them. But I am obligated to support my own claims. Is there any way at all to prove these charges exist?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Andrew Charles Lapres

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyer agrees


    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . Are you assuming that the records are sealed or have you actually checked? Not all juvenile records are sealed. In any event, the court can verify the records if the judge believes that they are relevant. It sounds like you simply need to establish that they exist, are relevant, and persuade the court to look at them. How do you do that? Here's a do YOU know about them? The records are sealed. The witnesses to the events and the police reports documenting the events are not. The court reports/records are the results on paper with ink. Think along those lines. Good luck.

  2. David B. Carter Jr.


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . No you can not. the Court will be able to get them if they need to.

  3. Michael Douglas Shafer

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . No. Such would defeat the purpose of sealing juvenile records.

Related Topics

Criminal charges

Criminal charges are formal accusations in court that someone has committed a crime. Criminal charges have many classifications and degrees of severity.

Juvenile court

Juvenile court handles criminal cases for people under 18, except those who are charged as adults. Juvenile court may prioritize rehabilitation over punishment.

John J. Fox

Juvenile Crimes in Texas

Juvenile crimes in Texas are handled by the Juvenile Justice system which is different from the criminal justice system for adults. A juvenile is considered to be anyone between the ages of... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

22,603 answers this week

2,831 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

22,603 answers this week

2,831 attorneys answering