Proving Juvenile records that are sealed?

Asked 11 months ago - Jenison, MI

I need documentation of these occurrences/charges. Not mine, someone else's. For court. I know for a fact that this person has these charges. But I need to prove them to the court. I know that the court can access them. But I am obligated to support my own claims. Is there any way at all to prove these charges exist?

1. Andrew Charles Lapres

1

1

Best Answer

Answered . Are you assuming that the records are sealed or have you actually checked? Not all juvenile records are sealed. In any event, the court can verify the records if the judge believes that they are relevant. It sounds like you simply need to establish that they exist, are relevant, and persuade the court to look at them. How do you do that? Here's a thought...how do YOU know about them? The records are sealed. The witnesses to the events and the police reports documenting the events are not. The court reports/records are the results on paper with ink. Think along those lines. Good luck.

2. David B. Carter Jr.

Pro

1

Answered . No you can not. the Court will be able to get them if they need to.

3. Michael Douglas Shafer

Answered . No. Such would defeat the purpose of sealing juvenile records.