Proving Juvenile records that are sealed?

Jenison, MI |

I need documentation of these occurrences/charges. Not mine, someone else's. For court. I know for a fact that this person has these charges. But I need to prove them to the court. I know that the court can access them. But I am obligated to support my own claims. Is there any way at all to prove these charges exist?

Are you assuming that the records are sealed or have you actually checked? Not all juvenile records are sealed. In any event, the court can verify the records if the judge believes that they are relevant. It sounds like you simply need to establish that they exist, are relevant, and persuade the court to look at them. How do you do that? Here's a thought...how do YOU know about them? The records are sealed. The witnesses to the events and the police reports documenting the events are not. The court reports/records are the results on paper with ink. Think along those lines. Good luck.

Thank you! I just don't know about how to go about getting the police reports etc. I know they exist because I was in a relationship with the person when they committed the crimes. But I do not remember the dates. Barely even the years, they happened in. Are the police records available to me even if I was not a victim of the crimes or a witness?

Oh and, I believe the records are sealed because they did not show up on the persons state background report (iChat).

Andrew Charles Lapres

Andrew Charles Lapres

The police reports can be requested at the departments themselves. You might want to simply go there and ask. If you're willing to pay the copy cost, many times they'll hand them right over! Otherwise, you can fill out a Freedom of Information Act request.

Thank you.

No. Such would defeat the purpose of sealing juvenile records.

No you can not. the Court will be able to get them if they need to.