Providing a business loan to relative and need to file a lien against business assets.

Asked over 5 years ago - Saint Petersburg, FL

Need an attorney or paralegal to file the lien. I have a State of Florida UCC Financial Stmt Form completed, but need to confirm this is the appropriate form. Would like the cost for providing this service.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Ronald Anthony Sarno

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Anyone can file a UCC lien,including yourself. You can use a FL attorney to review the document to see if it is in proper form. The cost would probably be for 1-2 hours work including the filing fee. You can use the avvo directory to find a business lawyer in FL.
    You might find my legal guide on selecting and hiring a lawyer helpful.
    You might find my legal guide on Is it Legal? Is it Illegal? helpful.
    You might find my legal guide on the understanding the different court systems helpful.
    You might find my legal guide on legal terms used in litigation helpful
    (Even if you are not filing a lawsuit this information can be useful).

    Mr. Sarno is licensed to practice law in NJ and NY. His response here is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/ client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter in question. Many times the questioner may leave out details which would make the reply unsuitable. Mr. Sarno strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in their own state to acquire more information about this issue.

One or more answers have been taken down.

Related Topics

Small business assets

Small business assets include the different tangible and intangible assets of a business, ranging from intellectual property to real estate.


There are different types of debt, but all involve one person (the debtor) owing money to another (the creditor). Terms of repayment are governed by a contract.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

31,869 answers this week

3,467 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

31,869 answers this week

3,467 attorneys answering