Protected Information in Court Documents

Asked 10 months ago - Grand Forks, ND

I am wondering where I can find statutes regarding what type of information should be legally stricken from a records request. I am having a very difficult time finding such laws, particularly as it pertains to the state of North Dakota.

1. Alan Baker

Answered . I believe the rule on redacting personal information from court filing and the requirement to file the information under seal is in the North Dakota Rules of Court. You can find them on the ND Supreme Court website. Look here http://www.ndcourts.gov/rules/NDROC/frameset.htm.

2. Golnar Sargeant

Answered . This is something your attorney should be doing for you. Use the "find a lawyer" tool on this site, and your local bar association is a good referral source too. You can also see if Legal Aid can help. This is a general education website, the attorney's here usually do not get involved in helping with cites and document preparation aid.