Prostitute stole my phone which has all the sensitive information. Should I file a police complaint?

Asked over 1 year ago - San Pablo, CA

First and last time I called a prostitute from backpage and she stole my phone (which had all sensitive information like SSN, Passport, Debit/Credit card copies) from my car. I asked her once but wasn't sure at that moment. After I checked my car for the phone, I went back to her but she was gone. Should I file a police complaint and will I be in trouble being involved in calling a prostitute.

1. Nicholas Maurice Rosenberg

1

Answered . This is tricky. I am assuming you do not have a locate feature or a disable feature. If you contact police you should be prepared for a battery of questions. My suggestion is contact a local criminal attorney and discuss it with them confidentially but do not post more on this forum because it is not private.

2. Mark Lawrence Deniz

Pro

Answered . Very tricky situation. First off...disable all the info anyone could get off the phone.

I do not know if there is more persons than the police who you want to find out you called backpage.

It is real difficult to prove she took it. You may want to call and see for some $ if she would return it.

One of the arguments making prostitution a crime is it puts potential customers in really compromising scenarios. Good luck.