Property stolen while in jail. What are my options for any justice.?

Houston, TX |

They logged what I had on when I went in and when I came out. My Jordan's ($500 worth) got stolen the night before or the morning of the day I was released. I was only in for a week but I was already a trustee at Little Baker. I know it was the guys in orange and white stripes that were back there n saw me take them off and put the shoes in my bag that took them. Next day, I asked the officer right when he handed me my bag and i saw they were missing how to report it, but he didn't respond. Since it was day of my release, it was hectic to try and ask other officers moving around and stuff. Can I find out who did it or get my shoes back? Any other options and/or advice?

I did put this post up already, but lost the user name n email to log in to that one. :/

You can file a police report just as any other citizen could and ask that the case be investigated. You can contact your Sheriff's Department or local police department and ask to file a police report. Most jails have surveillance coverage and the sooner you file a report the better the chance that any digital evidence may be preserved.