Property owner having signs posted: PRIVATE DRIVE do not use our driveway when you reside on a dead end...

Can you not tell your neighbors to Stop Trespassing and their services b/c they are too cheap or to build their own front driveway...and insist on crossing over or 360 into and onto your contempt.

Houston, TX -

Attorney Answers (1)

Marion W. Cain

Marion W. Cain

Residential Real Estate Lawyer - San Antonio, TX

Your rights will be based on the property records . Are there easements for ingress and egress that are recorded? They may be on the individual deeds for one or both of the properties or an easement may be on a separate document for the subdivision unit the property is a part of.
Should there be no easement for using the drive/road you can put up no trespassing signs . The neighbor will then have to prove they have a right to use the drive/road. Be certain there really are NO use rights for your neighbor on any of the recorded records or community zoning regulations before you stop their use.

-Marion W. Cain Law Offices of Marion W. Cain, P.C., 127 Lewis Street, San Antonio, Texas 78212 (210) 226-2161... more

Related Topics

Residential property

Residential property is real estate that has been developed or zoned to be used for living, such as single family houses, apartments or mobile home parks.

Featured Legal Guides

Neighbor law

Neighbor law deals with the legal rights and responsibilities involved with having neighbors. Examples include boundary disputes, noise, and blocked views.

Featured Legal Guides

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.