Property owned by two people. verbal agree to each make payment for 6 months of each year. one person not making payments at all

Asked about 1 year ago - Trenton, MI

wont sell, said out of work to bad. so as not to loose everything one person making payments for the last three years

1. Patrick D. Cole

Answered . I will assume that you are speaking of real property. The first thing I would want to know is the whole agreement between the two of you. You may have the right to re-write your agreement in court. You should consult an attorney to find out all of your rights.

2. Rixon Charles Rafter III

1

Answered . What do you mean by 'property'? Real property such as land (home, condo, etc) or personal property (car, tractor, boat)? FYI, As a general rule, verbal agreements regarding land are void (Statutes of Frauds-contracts not performed in a year/related to ownership of land) i.e. not enforcable in court meaning there is no agreement.

If you could drop a few more facts (no names) you could likely get a more meaningful response from MI attorneys.

What do you mean by owned? Is there a bill of sale? Is the property registered somewhere in BOTH names? Was property inherited, purchased, acquired by other means?