Property Boundary Dispute, Neighbor

Cupertino, CA |

The location is cupertino, CA. Around 15 years ago, a fence on the property line between my house and my neighbor was replaced. But the new fence was installed a few inches over to my side. That neighbor sold the house to a new (current ) owner about five ago. The current is blissfully unaware of the "new" fence being in the wrong place.
Have I lost those few inches of property forever because the fence was installed in the wrong place and the new owner does not know it? Do I have any recourse?

1. You could have lost rights. What you need to do right away is to take a copy of your title policy, and a certified copy of your property records from the county recorder to a local real property attorney to review and advise.

We do not have an attorney-client relationship. I am not your lawyer. The statements I have made do not constitute legal advice. Any statements I have made are based upon the very limited facts you have presented, and under the premise that you will consult with a local attorney. This is not an attempt to solicit business. This disclaimer is in addition to any disclaimers that this website has made. I am only licensed in California.