Proof that my lawyer was trying to fraud me out of my own settlement...........what do i do? [Personal Injury case]

Boynton Beach, FL |

Please read this post i put on here for more details and how i suspected something fishy going on:
http://www.avvo.com/questions/is-my-lawyer-tryi...

Hey guys.......turned out this guy may have truly been trying to con me. Not kidding, today we went to one of the places that he had said i owed almost $5k and they said i only owed $500 and that he never even asks them for an invoice on what was owed. So apparently he just made those numbers up. When i showed them the closing statement for proof they were in awe and shock.

Litterally the whole office told me to report him to the State Bar. They were all shocked that a lawyer would do such a thing, and said that can easily get his license revoked.
After that i went to the lawyer that refereed me to him and showed him the closing stateme

Please disregard this post and go here instead..................this one came out weird. http://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/proof-that-my-lawyer-was-trying-to-fraud-me-out-of-1416208.html#!

If you aren't in agreement with the Closing Statement, first don't sign it. Second, if you haven't sat down and and talked to him as previously suggested and confront him regarding the same, do it. What did the referring attorney tell you? You can always file a complaint against him with the Florida Bar as a last alternative.

Yeah sorry please disregard this post and go here where the completed one is. This one came out fragmented and incomplete sorry. http://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/proof-that-my-lawyer-was-trying-to-fraud-me-out-of-1416208.html#!

Edward Brandon Beckham

Edward Brandon Beckham

I Agree.

Christopher Robert Dillingham II

Christopher Robert Dillingham II

I agree with Mr. Harvey's assessment. Attorneys frequently negotiate medical bills, but the fact that yours was reduced does not indicate fraud by itself, since medical providers often submit invoices and later reduce them based upon their own business practices or errors. You need to review the closing statement and the bills associated with it, and then determine if your complaint has any merit. This could also be an error--since it appears we are discussing an additional zero--that a staff member might have transposed. Frankly, I believe almost every attorney has experienced such clerical errors, since I saw many of them when I was a claims adjuster. Mistakes happen, and attorneys are humans, too. Perfection in any professional field is a goal, but hardly possible under every circumstance. If it was an error, then you have no damages, since you caught it, and hence, no civil lawsuit; however, if there was fraudulent activity, then you have a good faith basis for both a complaint to the Florida Bar's Ethics unit and a civil case against the attorney. I'd also encourage you to not make multiple posts about an issue. It only leads to confusion and errors (as you have seen), and few of us have the time required to chase information. AVVO is not designed for free legal advice and is merely a platform for briefly examining issues so YOU can determine if one of us is a good fit for your needs. Occasionally, you will get non-comprehensive guidance, but in reality, we try to nudge AVVO posters toward the right direction they should take, not provide the comprehensive advice a client needs, since legal issues often have many facets. If you feel you have a case after doing a little homework, then seek out an attorney who practices in the area of legal malpractices.

You may have no choice.

Edward Brandon Beckham

Edward Brandon Beckham

I Agree.

Go for it

Edward Brandon Beckham

Edward Brandon Beckham

I Agree.

Professional ethics topics