Proof of Service in the Central District of California

Asked about 3 years ago - Los Angeles, CA

Hello, Avvo members. My question is: do proofs of service need to be filed with the Central District of CA federal Court? If so, for multiple defendants, does each proof of service require a separate "blue backing"? The blue backings are very hard to find (not at staples, office max, etc). Thank you!

1. Paul Y. Lee

1

1

Best Answer

Answered . Many federal courts require the parties to utilize CM/ECF (case management / electronic court filing system) to file documents, including proofs of service. If you file a document electronically, you won't need to worry about things like bluebacking. Look into this. Also, you need to be familar with (1) Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, (2) Rules of the Central District Court of California, and (3) Rules or Standing Orders of your judge. You will find quite a bit of information in the Central District website.

2. Frank Wei-Hong Chen

1

1

Answered . Yes, the proof of service needs to be filed with the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California.

I agree with Attorney Lee. The days of bluebacking are over, now that the court expects all documents to be electronically filed.