Prohibited personnel practice in the federal Whistleblower Protection Act

Minneapolis, MN |

5 USC § 2302 says "a decision to order psychiatric testing or examination" is a prohibited retaliation on whistleblowers who are federal employees. I was ordered and did suffer forced psychiatric treatment after I "delusionally" reported a public corruption, which was later found to be rather meritorious. I'm a student at a public university. My university has a policy that offers equal protection to employee whistleblowers and student whistleblowers. How may I attack the legality of the psychiatric treatment I suffered, with the information above?

Here is my university's policy: http://policy.umn.edu/Policies/Operations/Compliance/MISCONDUCTREPORTING.html I'm trying to get them on equal protection grounds.

1. Try this resource. http://www.whistleblower.org/

Good luck. Think carefully about going through this. It could change your life or ruin your life.

If your whistleblowing involves false claims and government rip-off, you may be able to find a lawyer who will file a False Claims Act claim, in which you case you can recover a "bounty" -- a percentage of what is recovered for the government. These cases require lawyers with serious expertise and deep pockets. If you need a referral of a good False Claims law firm with a national practice, contact me by email.

Best regards,

David A. Mallen

David A. Mallen offers answers on Avvo for general information only. This offer of free, general answers is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. If you need specific advice regarding your legal question, you should consult an attorney confidentially. Many experienced California labor and employment attorneys, including David A. Mallen offer no-risk legal consultations to employers and employees at no charge. David A. Mallen is licensed to practice law before all state and federal courts in California, as well as the California Labor Commissioner and the California Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board. Failure to take legal action within the time periods prescribed by law could result in the loss of important legal rights and remedies.

Civil rights topics