Professional Licensing....

Asked over 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

Can we force a licensing board to disclose"How many candidates approx appear for the examination at any time and what is the passing percentage/rate of the candidates?

Can we apply any statute like there is FOIA for Federal Government?

1. Christine C McCall

Pro

5

1

Answered . This info should be produced pursuant to a demand under California Public Records Act. Most California state licensing agencies maintain their own records and have a designated PRA staff person. Your challenge is to direct your request to the correct person/office, and to adequately and specifically identify the documents that you want. The PRA does not require the public agency to prepare documents or to gather information, only to produce what records and information are already prepared and maintained. The specific info that you want is almost certainly available for one time period or another. It may be that the numbers are kept annually or quarterly if not by exam date.

2. Jasen Bodie Nielsen

Pro

3

Answered . Much of this information should be available online. It's not clear to me why some of the above lables have been used, such as DUI. Perhaps you'd like to expand on your reason for asking?

Jasen Nielsen

3. Jack Richard Lebowitz

Pro

2

Answered . Like many things involving government operations, that information about the number of candidates who take the NYS Bar exam and their passing rate is available and is online at this website:

http://www.nybarexam.org/press/press.htm