Product Liability: Sketcher Shoes Ruined My Mothers Career, Life, and Caused a financial Burden

Miami, FL |

We had an attorney but he was inexperienced and he did not practice product liability, only personal injury. My mom has documented injuries from wearing Sketcher Shoes. She needs over 9 different surgeries which include: feet, ankle, spine, knee, and hip. Because of the pain, my mom hasn't worked these past 2 years. In addition, we are undergoing a financial hardship.

Sketcher company must pay for what they've done. All I need is an attorney for my mom. Please help me.

1. I'm sorry to hear about your mother's injuries. However, this forum is not for attorney solicitation. You can try to find a local attorney by using Avvo's "Find a Lawyer" tool above or by contacting your local bar association for a referral. Furthermore, I've flagged your post for providing personal information (i.e., your telephone number).

Ms. Berjis is licensed to practice law in the State of California. The laws of your jurisdiction may differ and thus this answer is for informational and educational purposes only and is not to be considered as legal advice. Since all facts are not addressed in the question, this answer could change depending on other significant and important facts. This answer in no way constitutes an attorney-client relationship.

2. The avvo find a lawyer feature is a good place to start, look for products liability lawyers in your area, good luck.

The above answer is for information only; and does NOT constitute legal advice. This answer does not constitute, nor does it create, an attorney-client relationship between KaplunMarx, PLLC, Jonathan D. Marx and any receiver. The information provided on these pages is general only, and you should not act upon this information without consulting with a qualified attorney

3. You are correct about needing an attorney experienced in handling product liability cases. They are often highly complex and expensive to litigate. I am currently litigating a defective footwear product liability case against one of the worlds largest corporations. I have tens-of-thousands of dollars invested in the litigation and countless hours, including multiple international trips deposing experts.

I will need much more information on your claim to give you any advice or consideration. Please feel free to call me during working hours, or email me with greater specifics.
    Jonathan H. Groff
    306-661-3633

This answer is a public service and not an attempt to solicit business. Jonathan Groff’s practice is devoted to all aspects of personal injury litigation throughout Florida. He has a “10.0 Superb” rating from AVVO and is rated “AV Preeminent” by Martindale-Hubbell. However, this reply should NOT be considered a legal opinion of your case / inquiry. At this time I do not have sufficient factual/legal documentation to give a complete answer to your question and there may be more to the issues you raise then I have set out in my brief reply. Further, unless your matter concerns Florida law, I am not licensed to practice or give specific legal advice in your state.

4. There are many good Avvo legal guides on this subject.

5. Please explain the defect and how it caused the injuries.

This is a summary based on incomplete facts. You should not rely on it as legal advise. No attorney-client relationship is intended to be formed. You may call me 772-562-4570; email me vblawyer@bellsouth.net, or visit my website http://www.millerlawoffices.us