Processing time green card

Columbus, OH |

If I use the services of a lawyer or other immigration professional, can it help in any way to reduce the processing times that you face when submitting forms? and getting the Green Card as soon as possible?

1. USCIS processing times don't change depending on whether someone has a lawyer or not. However, having a lawyer help you with your green card can save you time by knowing how to file everything correctly on the first try. If you do hire someone to help you with your application, make sure you only hire a licensed attorney or a BIA-accredited representative. Don't use the services of notarios or "immigration specialists" who aren't attorneys, as they're not licensed to practice law.

The information offered is general in nature and not meant to be relied upon as legal advice. No client-attorney relationship is created through this information. Please consult an attorney prior to making legal decisions.

2. I agree with my colleague.

Please be advised that my response above is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship between you any myself. You should NOT take action based solely upon this response. I have not conducted the complete inquiry into all the facts of your case which I would undertake if you had retained me to act as your attorney. Additional facts which we would discuss if you hired me to represent you may very well change the response I have provided above. I strongly recommend you talk to an attorney who is experienced in immigration law in order to receive advice specific to your case. All of the responses which I post on Avvo.com are intended as general information for the education of the public, and should be considered to be a form of advertisement.

3. No. Processing times are not based on whether there is an attorney involved. An attorney can, however, ensure that there are no delays because the case was not properly filed.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

4. I agree with my colleagues and would add that you should be sure the attorney you use has extensive experience in immigration law, otherwise s/he will simply be following the same directions that you can read yourself online without knowing the do's and don'ts one only learns from experience. Good luck.

You should always consult with an experienced immigration attorney to make certain that the advice you received is appropriate for your particular immigration case.

5. Assuming a matter is prepared and filed properly, there is little that may be done to expedite a case with CIS, unless your matter falls with an one of the matters that may be expedited and meets the criteria for expedited processing. I concur with my colleagues that if you prepare your cased properly the services of a lawyer will not help to expedite your matter.

contact us at:
    216.861.4414
    immigration@rbrownllc.com
    www.brown-immigration.com

Marriage and prenups topics