Processing time green card

Asked over 1 year ago - Columbus, OH

If I use the services of a lawyer or other immigration professional, can it help in any way to reduce the processing times that you face when submitting forms? and getting the Green Card as soon as possible?

1. Andrew Marino Bramante

4

Answered . I agree with my colleagues and would add that you should be sure the attorney you use has extensive experience in immigration law, otherwise s/he will simply be following the same directions that you can read yourself online without knowing the do's and don'ts one only learns from experience. Good luck.

2. Dwight David Myfelt

3

Answered . I agree with my colleague.

3. Robert Louis Brown

Pro

3

Answered . Assuming a matter is prepared and filed properly, there is little that may be done to expedite a case with CIS, unless your matter falls with an one of the matters that may be expedited and meets the criteria for expedited processing. I concur with my colleagues that if you prepare your cased properly the services of a lawyer will not help to expedite your matter.

contact us at:
    216.861.4414
    immigration@rbrownllc.com
    www.brown-immigration.com

4. Laura Justine Jacobson

4

Answered . USCIS processing times don't change depending on whether someone has a lawyer or not. However, having a lawyer help you with your green card can save you time by knowing how to file everything correctly on the first try. If you do hire someone to help you with your application, make sure you only hire a licensed attorney or a BIA-accredited representative. Don't use the services of notarios or "immigration specialists" who aren't attorneys, as they're not licensed to practice law.

5. J Charles Ferrari

3

Answered . No. Processing times are not based on whether there is an attorney involved. An attorney can, however, ensure that there are no delays because the case was not properly filed.