Processing time for prevailing wage for H1B transfer

Asked about 2 years ago - Chicago, IL

Hi,

My lawyer told me that the prevailing wage for H1b transfer (before LCA is filed) would take upto a week to receive, after which the LCA can be filed. I looked up the processing time chart on the DOL website and it says 60 days.

How long does it take on an average? Is the week-long timeframe not realistic?

But dont we need a prevailing wage determination from a state agency before the Labor condition application is filed? My lawyer isnt using the online data available on the ICERT website

1. Raphael Samuel Moore

3

Answered . 1-2 weeks in our area. But you have an attorney, so you should ask them to explain this to you. You are confusing different listings.

2. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

1

Answered . To avoid confusion do consult with your attorney of record and attentively heed that advice.

3. Karen-Lee Pollak

2

1

Answered . You are looking at the wrong chart. There is a differnece between a prevailing wage determination and a labor condition application. The latter should take a week.