Processing time for prevailing wage for H1B transfer

Chicago, IL |

Hi,

My lawyer told me that the prevailing wage for H1b transfer (before LCA is filed) would take upto a week to receive, after which the LCA can be filed. I looked up the processing time chart on the DOL website and it says 60 days.

How long does it take on an average? Is the week-long timeframe not realistic?

But dont we need a prevailing wage determination from a state agency before the Labor condition application is filed? My lawyer isnt using the online data available on the ICERT website

You are looking at the wrong chart. There is a differnece between a prevailing wage determination and a labor condition application. The latter should take a week.

But dont we need a prevailing wage determination from a state agency before the Labor condition application is filed? My lawyer isnt using the online data available on the ICERT website.

1-2 weeks in our area. But you have an attorney, so you should ask them to explain this to you. You are confusing different listings.

Our replies to Avvo questions should not be considered specific legal advice to any individual, and no attorney-client relationship is formed with you. Our aim is to provide general principles that may be useful to the Avvo community as a whole. You should seek individual legal advice pertaining to your specific factual situation, and the laws applicable to your jurisdiction. Moore & Moore Attorneys at Law -- thelaw@mytrustedlawyer.com

To avoid confusion do consult with your attorney of record and attentively heed that advice.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one’s personal legal issues. Contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602 http://alexanderivakhnenko.com