Processing time for prevailing wage for H1B transfer

Hi, My lawyer told me that the prevailing wage for H1b transfer (before LCA is filed) would take upto a week to receive, after which the LCA can be filed. I looked up the processing time chart on the DOL website and it says 60 days. How long does it take on an average? Is the week-long timeframe not realistic?

Chicago, IL -

Raphael Samuel Moore

Raphael Samuel Moore

Immigration Attorney - Davis, CA

1-2 weeks in our area. But you have an attorney, so you should ask them to explain this to you. You are confusing different listings.

Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

Immigration Attorney - Chicago, IL

To avoid confusion do consult with your attorney of record and attentively heed that advice.

Karen-Lee Pollak

Karen-Lee Pollak

Immigration Attorney - Dallas, TX

You are looking at the wrong chart. There is a differnece between a prevailing wage determination and a labor condition application. The latter should take a week.

Related Advice