Processing time for L1,L2 extension approval after filing and EAD renewal ?

Fremont, CA |
Filed under: Immigration US visas

I'm currently working on L2 EAD which is goin to expire on 23rd June 2011 along with L1 & L2 visa of my husband and me respectively
My husband's company has filed L1,L2(I-94) extension and EAD renewal concurrently on 8th Apr2011. So far we have recived the EAD recipet from USCIS however we have Not recieved the reciept for L1,L2 extension petitions.
So i have following questions:

1. How much time does L1 & L2 extension approval requires after filing?
2. Its been 30 days that EAD has been filed but i haven't recieved any biometrics notice yet, will it cause any delay in EAD processing?
3. Are biometrics must for EAD renewal or the biometrics notice would come after L1,L2 extension approval?
4. What could be the possible time frame to get my EAD approved in the scenario explained above?

Usually the EAD gets approved after 90 days from filing. A delay in biometrics might result in a delay in obtaining the EAD. If 90 days have passed you can call USCIS and request a 'service request,' an officer will then assign you a request number and send a request to the officer working of your case to make a determination. If you want to speed up the extension of the L visa than you should file a Premium Processing Form and pay the extra fee. You can find the form on The form number is I-907.

Estimated processing times are posted on the USCIS website. As the EAD depends on your L-2 status, it cannot be processed until your L-2 has been approved. The processing of the L filings can be expedited through Premium Processing.

EAD that can be processed are normally processed within 90 days of filing.

The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Hi Thanks for your response. So can we expedite L filings after filing them? Ie- in my case L filings are already been done without a premium filing, so now can we expedite the L filings by paying extra fees for it? How much is the fee for the same?

Recommended articles about Immigration