Processing time for a PERM Labor Certification

Dallas, TX |
Filed under: Immigration

What is the current processing time for a PERM Labor Certification? Does this depend on the EB2/EB3 category?

It depends on whether it is selected for an audit or not.

http://icert.doleta.gov/

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

My colleague is correct.

Mr. Lorenzon's answer to your question does not establish an attorney client relationship, but rather is meant to share knowledge with the general public. For specific advise on your case, you need to consult one on one with an immigration attorney. Mr. Lorenzon can be reached at 216 573 7322 or at jlorenzon@lorenzonlaw.com.

My colleague is correct - it depends on whether or not selected for an audit. One to two months with no audit, but can be two years with an audit.

Preference category (EB-2/EB-3) doesn't impact labor cert processing time at all, or I-1409 processing time really. After I-140 processing time, it significantly impacts wait time before the final stage can be processed.

Speak with an attorney for further guidance.

I agree; the audit will result in increased wait.

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is provided by CC Abbott is based on general assistance and not intended to be a legal opinion because not all the facts are provided. The person requesting information and all others reading the answer should retain an attorney who is permitted by the state bar within the jurisdiction who can examine the complete facts and provide a legal opinion on your case. All information provided in the above answer and other information provided by CC Abbott does not create an attorney/client relationship within any state of Federal law.

Currently DOL is processing July 2011 cases. If audited the case will fall behind to February 2011- which means that US DOL is currently processing cases that were audited... from February.
month. Good Luck with filing.