Processing time and cost in Marriage based Green card application

Asked about 3 years ago - Orlando, FL

My girlfriend of several years and I are planning to marry. She has a B1/ B2 Visa and it is not expired. I wanted to know what timeframe and cost we should be facing.
thanks

1. C. C. Abbott

Answered . The USCIS Field office in Orlando is normally one of the quicker offices in the south. The I-485 process is normally completed within 4 months. This can take longer if any red flags are raised within the application - prior applications, prior overstays, etc. Remeber once you file you can track your application on the USCIS website witht he receipt number you will get back from USCIS.

Congratulations and good luck.

2. Jeffrey Adam Devore

Answered . The fact that the visa itself has not expired is not determinative. Your fiancé's authorizes stay is controlled the validity dates of her I-94 card. I suggest you schedule a consolation with an experienced immigration attorney who can review your case and advise you and your fiancé what to expect and the costs associated with representation and filing with USCIS.

Sent from my iPad