Process time for EB1-EA (Green Card) when you're on a O1 visa.

Venice, CA |

I have just changed to a O1 visa and I'm now looking to apply for a EB1-EA. Are there any kind of regulation/recomendation that I should wait a certain time before I apply? And secondly, what is the normal processing time for EB1-EA when your on a O visa (as I already have all the necessary paperwork in order)?

Depends on how the I-140 is filed.

You really need to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

There is no way to predict with certainty how long things will take.

I can say that having an immigration attorney do the papers greatly increases your chances of speedy processing.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

How was the I140 filed? Hire an attorney

Just Had an EB-1 approved on an O-1 within less than a week, filed Premium Processing with the NSC.

If an otherwise approvable case prepared by a competent and experienced attorney, no need to wait.

As a precaution, I first filed the extension application of the client's existing O-1, got its approval from the CSC (of all places..!) within 4-5 days from receipt - filed regular, no PP!

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Recommended articles about Immigration